Following steps would get you started:
- Download Live Version.
- Go to the LiveVersion folder and execute
- If you see “Success!”, all went well. It is ready.
$ cd lv-master $ source ./setup Success!
$ watch foldername or filename
1. $ watch ~/projects/my_project # watch folder my_project 2. $ watch ~/.bash_profile # watch file .bash_profile 3. $ watch /etc/hosts # watch file /etc/hosts to track configuration
In Example 1.
watch ~/projects/my_project, watch command will:
- Will ask for the default values (first time only).
- Create a Live Repository in ~/LiveRepos.
- On Mac, Create a new LaunchAgent to watch the folder.
- On Linux, Create a new Watcher job or incrond entry.
- Live Version activity would be logged in
Note: incrond works only at single directory level, changes in subdirectories are not tracked by it.
$ lv /full/source/path /full/destination/path [/log/file] [email]
/full/source/pathis the absolute path of the file or folder that you want to be versioned live.
/full/destination/pathis absolute path of the Live Repository where a versioned copy of the source would reside.
/log/fileis an optional parameter that gives absolute path of the log file where log of activities would be kept.
Once you have the client, you can open your Live Repository in the client and see the changes in much clear context.
Check out documentation for more details.